A Message from Orion Expedition Cruises

Filed under Uncategorized

Dear Expedition Cruisers,

Further to previous communications you will be aware that Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic, established in 1979 and headed by Sven Lindblad, has acquired Orion Expedition Cruises, and so it is timely to update you with regard to plans that are underway.

For us at Orion, and you our valued past guests, we look forward to exciting times ahead. In March 2014 Orion will be renamed to National Geographic Orion to reflect the alliance that Lindblad Expeditions has with the National Geographic Society.

For the balance of 2013 we will share resources and expertise with a view to establishing a seamless, integrated operation ashore and afloat, incorporating the benefits that come from our new association with the world’s most highly regarded expedition company, Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic.

Sven Lindblad recently outlined these expedition enhancements, telling us: “Our intention is to augment what is already a top-notch operation. We will bring even more value for our guests by increasing the number of expedition team members and adding divemasters, undersea specialists and scuba equipment onboard where possible for the first time. We are also adding a video chronicler, a National Geographic Photographer and/or a Lindblad-National Geographic certified Photo Instructor—all in addition to the regular complement of expedition team. The itineraries are a carefully constructed blend of natural history highlights, along with diverse and fascinating culture, history and anthropology.”

We believe this added focus on the expedition component (with the flexibility to be involved at a level you feel comfortable with) will enhance the operation that you have previously enjoyed, while the standards of accommodation, service and cuisine will remain at the current high levels you have come to expect.

You may have already joined us at a recent pathways function, in which case you will have heard from Steve McLaughlin and Melanie Bernstein about our increased pathways savings for the 2014 Calendar, now 10%, up from 5%, and also valid on all Lindblad Expeditions – National Geographic vessels. In addition our combination savings will also increase from 5% to 10% from the 2014 Calendar, and we are introducing dedicated Sole Occupancy cabins due to popular demand.

The reaction to the National Geographic Orion 2014 sailings has been extraordinary. Despite as yet having only been released to past passengers, the advance bookings have been unprecedented (in particular the new itineraries) and sailings are filling up fast. As an example, in one week we took 57 deposited bookings for the first three sailings alone, so we recommend that you get in early to secure your preferred voyage and accommodation option. To facilitate this, the pathways exclusive booking period has been extended to 22 April 2013.

Over the coming months we’ll be contacting you with more updates and additional information on the Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic vessels and itineraries including Alaska, Baja California, the Amazon, Galapagos, Antarctica, and more. In the interim, for more information please visit our website or call our Guest Services team.

These are exciting times for all of us, and, ever mindful that our success depends on you, we look forward to talking with you, and assisting with your travel plans.

We look forward to welcoming you back onboard in the near future.

Kind regards,

Joel Katz

Chief Operating Officer

Further information on Orion Expedition Cruises can be obtained by visiting the website www.orionexpeditions.com

Further information on Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic can be obtained by visiting the website www.expeditions.com

For reservations or to obtain a brochure call Orion Expedition Cruises on 1300 361 012 (AU), 0800 444 462 (NZ), +612 9033 8777 (Int’l) or contact your travel agent.
Email: info@orionexpeditions.com

You must be logged in to post a comment Login